As a family-owned business since 1955, Hamilton Consulting Engineers, Inc. is proud to have built the best team in the industry. Our employee-first culture treats every employee as a trusted member of the Hamilton family. We’re committed to a culturally diverse atmosphere—recognizing the benefits diversity brings to the workplace and our clients.
We offer a broad range of services to municipal, state, county and private sector clients including CAD, Construction Observation and Management, Development Review, Funding and Grants, Municipal, Standards and Ordinances, Stormwater, Transportation and Traffic, Wastewater Collection and Treatment and Water Supply and Treatment.
STATUS: ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS: Competitive commensurate with experience
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform surveying assignments of a varied nature, requiring a solid understanding of the principles of land surveying and planning, and the exercise of professional judgment.
- Perform work with general guidance and supervision, or provide support to more experienced personnel.
- Make exact measurements and determine property boundaries. Provide relevant data for engineering, construction, and other purposes.
- Survey and investigate land surfaces to project precise measurement and location of lines, angles, points, areas, and elevations.
- Prepare and maintain sketches, maps, diagrams, and reports for use by technicians and field crews. Review and check detailed drawings and layouts.
- Assist group members in coordinating and organizing field data and project related material.
- Prepare AutoCAD drawings for use by field crews and delivery to clients as required.
- Perform all work in a safe and responsible manner.
- Bachelor's or Associates Degree in Engineering, Surveying / Mapping, Engineering Technology, Construction Technology, or other related field
- Successful completion of the Fundamentals of Surveying (FS) exam or qualified to take exam
- Minimum 2 years relevant experience
- Familiarity with AutoCAD, MicroStation or similar coordinate geometry software
- Drafting experience preferred
- GIS experience beneficial
- IDOT experience beneficial
- Ability to research survey related documents through public access and the internet
- Ability to calculate construction stake out points from plans and electronic media
- Ability to visit and safely traverse construction and project sites and complying with all applicable safety codes and requirements, including a valid driver's license.
To send introduction letter and resume along with any questions please contact us at 815.730.3444 for instructions.
Hamilton Consulting Engineers, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability status.